Dr. Doris Geils
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Telematics
Chair for Pervasive Computing Systems / TECO
Building 07.07, Room
- July 2002 – July 2007: Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences . National Polytechnic School (Ecuador) . Thesis: “Postgres Reports Generator Tool “.
- July 2007 – July 2011: Master of Science in Computer Sciences . National Polytechnic School (Ecuador).Thesis: “Methodological Proposal of Policies and Procedures for Quality Assurance in Information Systems for Small Software Development Companies Based on CMMI “.
- July 2011 – July 2012 : InWEnt – International Weiterbildung und Entwicklung gGmbH. Germany Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH . Thesis : Software Quality Assurance for small companies in Ecuador: Case of Study.
- April 2013 – April 2017 PhD in Software, Systems and Computing. Madrid Polytechnic School. (Spain) and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany) Thesis: “Usability of mobile devices applications focus on persons with Down Syndrome.
- Guest Researcher at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) at Technology for Pervasive Computing Department (TECO) . Germany, August 1, 2016 – May 24, 2017.
- Guest Researcher at Bremen University, Digitale Medien in der Bildung Department -DiMeB (Germany) January 2, 2016 – Jun 21 , 2017.
- Guest Researcher at Middlesex University at Computer Science Department. (United Kingdom).
- Since April 2017: Postdoctoral Research Scientist. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology . Technology for Pervasive Computing Department (TECO). Germany
- 2015: The POSEIDON project embraces this goals and develops technology which creates adjustable and personalizable assistive systems. Middlesex University . United Kingdom.
- 2016 :Automatic Tagging as a Support Strategy for Creating Knowledge Maps. Bremen University. Germany.
- 2017 : The POSEIDON project for Money-Handling Training and assistance for shopping systems. Fraunhofer Institute. Germany.
- Human Computer Interaction
- Effects of learning, distraction, and context on selective attention
- Usability Testing
- Software Quality Assurance
- Graphics & Computer-Aided Design
- Web, Mobile & Multimedia Technologies
- Usability of APIs
- Measuring user experience
- I am active reviewer for various Technology, Knowledge and Learning Journal .
- Sixth International Conference on Information Technology Convergence and Services (ITCS 2017). ISBN: 978-1-921987-63-2 . “USATESTDOWN” a proposal of a usability testing guide for mobile applications focused on persons with Down syndrome (DOI : 10.5121/csit.2017.70302)
- International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT). ISSN 0975 – 4660. Vol 8, No 3, June (2016 ). “Usability Testing Process With People With Down Syndrome Interacting With Mobile Applications: A Literature Review” (DOI:10.5121/ijcsit.2016.8309)
- 10th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence UCAmI 2016. LNCS 10069. ”Examining the Usability of Touch Screen Gestures for Elderly People” (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-48746-5_43).
- 10th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence UCAmI 2016. LNCS 10069. ¨Evaluation of a usability testing guide for mobile applications focused on people with Down syndrome (USATESTDOWN)¨. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-48746-5_51).
- Sensors Journal (ISSN 1424-8220). Vol 15, No 7. 2015. “Creating TUIs Using RFID Sensors—A Case Study Based on the Literacy Process of Children with Down Syndrome.” (doi:10.3390/s150714845).
- 6th International Work-Conference, IWAAL 2014. LNCS 8868. “Usability Evaluation Method for Mobile Applications for the Elderly: A Methodological Proposal” (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-13105-4_37).
- Journal of Software ISSN 1796_ 217X. 2015. “Methodological Proposal of Policies and Procedures for Quality Assurance in Information Systems for Small Software Development Companies Based on CMMI” .
- Society and Information Technologies . Proceedings of The 8th International Conference on Society and Information Technologies (ICSIT 2017) “Tagging As A Support Strategy For Creating Knowledge Maps”.