- office: Building 07.07, Room 210
- mail: TecO, Vincenz Prießnitzstr. 1, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
- fon: +49 (721) 608 41712
- fax: +49 (721) 608 41702
I have joint Teco since April-2010 pursuing my PhD under the supervision Prof. Dr.-Ing Michael Beigl.
Currently I am working as research assistant.
My current research is mainly on data communication in wireless ad-hoc and sensor networks.
My main objective is to increase reliability and flexibility of data communication in these networks in an energy efficient
and distributed fashion. For this, I am working in following areas:
- Routing protocols in ad-hoc and WSNs
- Collaborative data transmission in wireless networks including virtual-MIMO and distributed beamforming
- situation-aware networking (routing, channel allocation and Physical layer signal transmission techniques
- Multi-metric routing
As second research interest, I work in the area of pervasive healthcare; more specifically, the application of contact
thermography sensors for wearable sensing and detection of obnormalities such as harmful pressure on the legs.
If you are interested in working in the areas of routing, channel access and data communication in ad-hoc and wireless sensor networks,
please feel free to contact me to introduce topics for Master or Diploma thesis.
If you have ideas related to my research interests and like to discuss with somebody, I will be happy to help you.
- Behnam Banitalebi, and Michael Beigl, Environment-aware Multi-metric Routing for Wireless Networks, in Proceedings of the third International Conference on Wireless Communications in Unusual and Confined AreasNinth International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (ICWCUCA 2012), Clermont-ferrand, France, August 28th-30th, 2012. (to appear)
- Behnam Banitalebi, Yong Ding, Hedda R. Schmidtke and Michael Beigl, Channel Allocation Modification for Emergency Situations in IEEE 802.11 DCF Based Ad-hoc Networks, in Proceedings of Ninth International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS 2012), Antwerp, Belgium, June 2012. (to appear)
- Behnam Banitalebi, Michael Beigland Rayan El Masry, A Realistic Hop-Cost Model for Distance Vector Routing in Ad-hoc Wireless Sensor Networks, in Proceedings of Ninth International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS 2012), Antwerp, Belgium, June 2012. (to appear)
- Yong Ding, Behnam Banitalebi, Takashi Miyaki and Michael Beigl, RFTraffic: a study of passive traffic awareness using emitted RF noise from the vehicles, in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2012, 2012:8, doi:10.1186/1687-1499-2012-8. (to appear)
- Stephan Sigg, Michael Beigl and Behnam Banitalebi, Organic Computing - A Paradigm Shift for Complex Systems, Christian Mueller-Schloer and Hartmut Schmeck and and Theo Ungerer, Springer, 2011.
- Yong Ding, Behnam Banitalebi, Takashi Miyaki and Michael Beigl, RFTraffic: Passive Traffic Awareness Based on Emitted RF Noise from the Vehicles, In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, August 2011, IEEE.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Dawud Gordon, Stephan Sigg, Takashi Miyaki, and Michael Beigl, Collaborative Channel Equalization: Analysis and Performance Evaluation of Distributed Aggregation Methods in WSNs, 8th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS'11) Valencia-Spain.
- Takashi Miyaki, Yong Ding, Behnam Banitalebi, and Michael Beigl, Things that Hover: Interaction with Tiny Battery-less Robots on Desktop, CHI'11: Adjunct Proceedings of the 29th international conference on Human factors in computing systems, 2011.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Takashi Miyaki, Hedda R. Schmidtke and Michael Beigl, Self-Optimized Collaborative Data Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks, Workshop Organic Computing as part of ICAC 2011,ACM, June 2011, Karlsruhe-Germany.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Stephan Sigg, Michael Beigl, Performance Analysis of Receive Collaboration in TDMA-based Wireless Sensor Networks , Ubicomm 2010, Florence-Italy.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Stephan Sigg, Michael Beigl, On the feasibility of receive collaboration in wireless sensor networks , PIMRC'10, Istanbul-Turky.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Hadi Amiri, An Improved Nearest Neighbor Data Association Method for Underwater Multi-Target Tracking , Passive 2008, Hyeres, French Riviera, France.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Performance Comparison of Different STBC codes in the Presence of IQ Imbalances in Mobile Communications, PIMRC'08, Cannes, France.
- Behnam Banitalebi, IQ Imbalances Effects on the Performance of Combining Schemes in MIMO-OFDM Wireless Communications , ICSNC 2008, Sliema, Malta.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Mahmood Karimi, Mahmood Kamarei, and Gholamreza Dadashzadeh, Effect of the RF-IF chain Nonidealities on the beamforming performance in CDMA mobile communications , ITIC 2006, Mumbai, India.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Mahmood Karimi, Mahmood Kamarei, and Gholamreza Dadashzadeh, Effect of modifying signal parameters on the beamforming performance in CDMA mobile communications , APCC 2005, Perth, Western Australia.
- Behnam Banitalebi, Mahmood Kamarei, Mahmood Karimi, and Gholamreza Dadashzadeh, Analysis of the transmission channel effects on the LS-CMA based beamforming algorithm in mobile communications , ANTEM 2005, Saint-Malo, France.